Thursday, July 11, 2013

This Girl Got Her Run On



Guess what...I got in TWO workouts today. Not sure I've ever been able to say that!

Today during Abbie's naptime I did the BikiniBodyMommy's Day 2 challenge. WOW - I'm sooo outta shape.  I thought it was tough. It was 7 different activities (I think) and I did 3 reps...took about 30 minutes and I had HooBear beside me the whole time.  She supported me by sitting on the computer chair, eating Cheez-its, and calling me out when I slacked.  At one point while I was doing planks (let it be known that I hate planks) she told me she thought I was actually laying on the ground, crying. Yeah, thanks babe.

But I also went ahead and ran tonight.  I'm in week 1 of my 20week half marathon training and this is my 2nd run this week, 1.5miles.  I'm managing to run with an average of 11:45-12:00 min mile both times and tonight I really didn't mind the run.  So does that mean I'm getting better?   I looked back on past mile runs and noticed that I'd been doing 13-14min miles back in January.  You BET I'm getting better!  Although I'm not too concerned with my time/speed but more of maintaining my pace.  Tonight I ran without my watch (okay, i had it with me but the battery was dead) and still managed to keep my pace.  And when I ran, I wasn't dieing this time. I'd like to think of that as progress for sure.   Last time I ran with gum, didn't this time, and think I'll chew it next time - gave my mind a good distraction.

So this gives me motivation. I love seeing progress. It's this "high" that I need to remember when I'm dreading going...which was me tonight. Thankfully E made me go.  *thanks E*

Tomorrow it's a rest day...Sat is 30 min of cross training and then 2miles on Sunday.  Sleep and repeat next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment