Saturday, July 27, 2013

More Rambling: Music This Time

While I'm running I have started talking to myself, in a good way.  (See the previous 2 posts for more details if you're brave enough).  But it intrigues me to hear that some people listen to audio books or podcasts.  Right now I listen to music but have recently found a blog that lists ideas for songs and Pandora stations! Stay tuned for that one.

When I started running, I quickly downloaded several songs to listen to.  I found myself listening to Black Eyed Peas, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Eminem, Ludacris, Pitbull and other random songs I hadn't heard of but were recommended.  I quickly learned what songs worked for me and which ones I consistently skipped.  I can't do songs that I would typically listen to and sing along with.  but instead found powerhouse songs or songs with a heavy beat with rap that would allow me to drown out everything.  That's what I love about music.  I fall back to it when I just want to consumed.  Sometimes it's at work and I need to power through some deep lessons. Sometimes it's in the car -- stressful day or emotions running high.  Other times I'm cleaning (rarely) at home and need to forget about what I'm doing and let the music carry me through the dreaded task.

When people were talking about podcasts so I downloaded PodRunner and listened to techno music that was set to so many beats per minute.  That lasted a few months, then I was bored.  I've gone back to listening to music from my playlist and I'm ready to find more songs.

But I saw this blog post that lists "12 Secret Pandora Workout" stations.  I have Pandora but haven't bought the ad-free (I REALLY hate the ads.  Definitely planning to buy the adfree Pandora sooooon) but the possibility of listening to Pandora while running is intriguing.   Pop over to her blog to see what stations she recommends!  I'll try them on the next run.


What do you listen to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment