Saturday, June 1, 2013

Setting Goals

So here it is....50 minutes before June 1st. 
Time to set some goals for the month.
BUT before that, let's be realistic and look at what hurdles are set before me.
  • June 8th my sweet little AbbDabs will turn ONE (sidestep here...holy moly my little baby is going to be ONE!!  Time just flew with her! I am soo blessed that she chose our family to join and excited to see what the rest of her craziness will bring to us!)  Anyways....usually this means stress which then leads to eating.  Not a good combo.  Not to mention the birthday yummies. 
  • June 15-20 we will be the amazingly beautiful and warm Cozumel (can't wait!!).  As excited as I am, I realize that means all-inclusive....guacamole...liquor...but it also means hiking, swimsuit, and pictures to hold those memories, all things that are going to make me sweat and look horrible I'm sure.  
  • July 4th and the Rufenacht Campout is just around the corner!  You can read that to mean: hot dogs, chips, soda, chips, no exercise (sweating from heat..that burns calories, right?).  

So now that that's outta the way, here's some BIG news!
(insert drum roll) 



Ethan and I have officially signed up for the 
Bass Pro Shops Half Marathon here in Springfield on Nov 3rd.  


YAY!  
Although I'm nervous about it because I can't even complete a 5k without walking ... and this is 13.1 miles!  I'm definitely going to earn that 13.1 sticker, no doubt. I'm nervous about the training, wanting to make sure I can do it and stick to it.  Worried that i'll lose the momentum - not motivation, because i HAVE to do the 13.1 now, no questions there.



Sounds like it's goal setting time.  FIVE months away from the 13.1....2 weeks away from Mexico. Time to get back on track and set some reasonable goals.  I feel like in the past I've set monthly goals and they always focus on weight.  Well this week my weight has fluctuated sooooo much (thank you TOM) and that it's honestly not that great of a measuring tool of success that I don't want to solely rely on that as a means to see that I met my goal.    These are goals that I think are measurable and attainable:
  1. Track (and stay under) calories on MFP at least 5 of 7 days of the week. 
  2. Get in 2-3 runs each week...building up to a 3-4mile long run
  3. Do at least 2 days of a Jillian DVD (I'd like to say do more, but I know I can't commit to it yet) 
  4. Get up and run at least one day before Ethan leaves for work 
I don't think those are unreasonable.   And if I was going to through my weight around (as in my numbers) I would like to see me get to 190 although 10 pounds in a month is ridiculous for me right now.  Maybe 5 pounds if I'm really strict.    


On the non-fitness side of things, here's my June goals
  1. embrace the time home with the girls
  2. An outing at least once a week with the girls
  3. Be IN the pictures...and not just a selfie or a self-taken headshot of me and one of the girls. 

Here's to June! (I have 3 minutes left to post before it's June! woohoo I'm good)


No comments:

Post a Comment