Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tonight I ran...

Tonight I ran, and I enjoyed it.

I opted to start up the C25K program again...although I hate the stop/go aspect of it, I loved it tonight...for a while. I realized that the forced walking time was good for my pride. I was like "oh, I HAVE to stop because she told me to start walking" instead of "Dang it Krista....why are you stopping already!?!?"  I was content to walk instead of beating myself up this time. However, it was frustrating int he sense that I could run longer than she had me running. And at the end of it, I did it for 30 min which included 10 min of warm up and cool down and then interval running.   The frustrating part is that I did my last 5k in 37 min....so I'm tryin to wrap my head aroudn the fact of why didn't I just run that 30 min and be done with it?  Still not sure. 

Ethan and  I decided that I should probably jump a head a week or 2 in the training so the intervals are longer.  Tomorrow, no runs but on Monday I'll do week 3 or 4 and see how that treats me. I just don't get the running for 3 minutes bit...I can run for about 10 without feeling like I'm going to die.  Where's the week where they hold your hand over that?!? So should I skip ahead a few weeks and get to where I feel the workout or do I trust the process and stick to week 2.....   either way I'm skipping ahead.  :)


But here's to getting in a run today (Ethan ran 2miles this morning....atta boy!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment