Monday, May 20, 2013

Determined....Again

So here I am....back on blogger. Only this time it's not a family blog, it's not a school related blog. Nope. This one is just for me (unless anyone else happens to find it -- hello! Hang in there, it might get ugly!). It's just for Me, about Me, and by Me.

Before I get all mushy and give the background info on what's been happening, here's what's going on right now.  Saturday I finished my 4th 5k (finished in 37 minutes, too!).  Yep, four.  That's one in Nov, one in Dec, one in March and now one in May.  My friend Julie was running her first half that day (she's my inspiration)....and it was the first time any of my runs included a half marathon. THAT was massive inspiration, to see those runners finishing.  I longed to be with them, I teared up seeing them finish, I felt for them and also wanted to feel that sense of amazing-ness.  Ethan and I discussed running a half at some point, since it has been on my bucket list since last November.  Then today he texts to say that he and a friend are gonna start running together and want to run the BPS Half in Nov!   Talk about emotions flying on my end.  Running is MY thing. The Half is MY bucket list item.  He doesn't even LIKE to run, I've begged him for years to run with me but now HE wants to run..  This messed with my head for hours until I finally hopped on the treadmill while Abbs was sleeping, determined to not let him run this half without me.  I talked to Julie and some other half-ers on MLFC for motivation and support and here I am.
Setting my first FOR REAL goal that I WILL hit:   
Run the Bass Pro Shops Half Marathon on Nov 3, 2013.  
Notice it doesn't say run it in 2:30hours, or beat Ethan, or even run the whole thing.
I will be at the BPS half, I will finish it, I will get that medal (it's all about the medal...not really (but kinda)).

Here's my blogger goals while I'm at it:  Weekly weigh-in, monthly progress pics, weekly recap of workouts, and linking up with other blogs as I figure out how to do it.

Hopefully by having the summer off and less demanding schedule, i'll build in the routine of posting here every few days so that once school's back in the swing this fall, it'll already be a habit.

So here's to setting goals 

No comments:

Post a Comment